Thread: [Declined] Uploaded.net problems thread
View Single Post
Old 27.03.2017, 02:12
richardstevenhack

I agree that if it was an issue with the router or the ISP (in my case AT&T uVerse in both cases), it would should reasonably apply to all downloads. I occasionally download from Nitroflare using free mode without issue but probably not often enough to encounter it.

I did find an interesting post on another download utility site which suggested that Uploaded never gives you a direct link to the file. They give you an "alias" link which has an expiration time. Once the download is complete - or Uploaded thinks its complete, or jDownloader asks again for the file - the link has evaporated and that's why I get the "file not found" error.

It doesn't explain why when I get a 100% downloaded file that jDownloader suddenly restarts the download and then I get the file not found error. The problem seems to be that the download never really completed in the sense that the end of file was transmitted and then the download link is not torn down properly. This would likely be an issue of the host server, but it would seem to be that jDownloader should be able to account for that. It might be difficult to distinguish between that and a failed connection during download, but you'd think if the count shows 99.99% complete or 100& complete that jDownloader would be able to close the connection properly regardless of the failure on the host server end.

This might be aggravated by the fact that I'm going through BRapid. I don't know how BRapid manages its links to Uploaded, but I get a lot of situations where I can download one file from Uploaded but then I get an "account missing" and then some minutes later I can download again. This indicates to me that BRapid are switching accounts to Uploaded and perhaps their account runs out of bandwidth during the download, and then at the end of the download BRapid switches the account and Uploaded thinks the download has ended, and thus jDownloader restarts the download - then triggering the "file not found" message.

Last edited by richardstevenhack; 27.03.2017 at 02:17.