View Single Post
Old 26.08.2019, 21:57
JD Alpha

First of all, make sure JD2 is compatible with latest OpenJDK11 which is default on latest OSes. When I tried to run with Java11, I got the following warning:

Quote:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.appwork.shutdown.ShutdownController (file:/home/USER/jd2/JDownloader.jar) to field java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.hooks
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.appwork.shutdown.ShutdownController
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
---

Install4j automatically searches for system java versions. So maybe adding an option in the installer not to install the bundled java version would be a good start.
Further, java version requirements should be relaxed (currently only 1.6 to 2.0).

---

I don't know too much about java build systems nor how your source files need to be assembled together.
General debian packaging is quite straight-forward though:

1. Put all source files in a folder jd2-0.1 (where 0.1 is the version)
2. Create upstream source package: tar czvf jd2-0.1.tar.gz jd2-0.1
3. Run debmake in jd2-0.1 to create a sample "debian" folder
4. Depending on your build system, follow the Javahelper **External links are only visible to Support Staff**guide (Ant, Maven, Gradle) and **External links are only visible to Support Staff**tutorial (no build system; scroll to the end for examples)
5. Build and package via "debuild -b --no-sign"

---

Further, I think the (debian) installer should not download source files, but instead every update should just create a new version. Since hoster-plugins change very often, they should be packaged separately (single SOURCE, multiple PACKAGE in control: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**).

Last edited by darkdragon-001; 26.08.2019 at 22:39.