Thread: [Developer Feedback required] JDownloader2 downloads unwanted links
View Single Post
Old 20.08.2022, 11:44
JD Fan

Update: I am attaching a screen-capture video as

jDownloader does NOT autostart downloads.mov

The extension can be changed to "mp4" if needed to playback.

What happens when the issue arises is that, as shown for instance in second 6, a ".txt" file shows below the ".mp4" one. When selecting to download the video and paste a new link, jDownloader selects such text file as shown in second 15. Sometimes, when clicking to download the newly pasted video jDownload keeps selected both the text file and the new video, and therefore downloads the text one.

BTW, is there a way to automatically delete all remaining entries of a download link in the example above, once the ".mp4" video has been chosen to download? Because that would be a workaround to prevent the issue of downloading spurious unwanted files, as indicated above (second 15 of screen-capture video). Actually, when such issue arises, I can prevent it deleting such previous link ("Origin of Life…") once I paste the new one ("The Symbiotic Origin…"), albeit I must do it manually.

On the other hand, sometimes jDownloader does not autostart downloading videos, even though it has been configured to do it.

Finally, sometimes jDownloader does not show "Start Downloads" but "Add to Download List" after Control-click or right-click mouse to select link. I know that I can toggle between them with the Control key, but jDownloader should not change that when configured to show "Start Downloads".

I am also attaching screen capture as
jDownloader (Build Sun Jun 26 11 07 23 CEST 2022).png

Tested on iMac (Intel x86; late 2012) with macOS 10.15.7 (19H2026) Catalina.

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.08.2022 at 17:29.