View Single Post
Old 21.10.2015, 07:01
jkb22.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@jkb22.22
Youtube provides audio in many different bitrates! There is no encoding/converting at all. You can check yourself. If you want lower bitrate, change settings in Settings-Plugins- search for youtube
A couple of years ago, Youtube Did in fact provide several different audio bitrates for x264 videos. Now, they have simplified their audio process and only provide aac 126 kbps for almost all mp4 x264 videos. Youtube has webm videos for some which can contain a couple different bitrates in Vorbis or Opus format (usually 160 ogg), but i am referring to x264 MP4 format, which a majority of people will download.

When a youtube video finishes downloading in jdownloader 2, the status bar says: "Converting/Demuxing..." Again, the Video appears untouched, but the audio is in fact upscaled to 254 kbps Every Time. This Worsens already mediocre youtube sound...

Again, i have downloaded Hundreds of youtube videos with several different programs and jdowmloader 2 is the only one guilty of this phenomenon. All other programs render the video with 126 kbps audio...

I have Extensively experimented with the settings in jdownloader2's youtube plugin. Under "Allowed Media Types - Audio": checking ALL types = 254 kbps aac. UNchecking ALL types = 254 kbps aac. Checking 128 kbps AAC ONLY = 254 kbps. Any combination of checked audio gives you: yes, 254 kbps. I use MediaInfo to check all video file specs. MP4/AAC seems to always override Webm/ogg unless you have the appropriate selections under "If you want...more links..." section.

This is a serious flaw that is being overlooked for Youtube AAC audio in jdownloader 2. You are doing yourselves and your customers a disservice by assuming/ignoring this issue. PLEASE add/change the settings in youtube plugin to fix this oversight. I would not waste Yours or mine time/effort if i did not feel this was Very Important.