View Single Post
Old 21.08.2012, 01:04
4sure

ok great to know that version of jdownloader doesnt contain any other programs like Giant Savings etc...i will try it...and if i ever need older versions of java 6 updates i am happy that they still offer those downloads to those that request them, by registering with java or sun or oracle sites, whichever one is most in control of that

(1) would you think its a good idea to regularly clear java cache in control panel, and selecting java icon then clearing cache by selecting Temporary Internet Files 'Settings' in the 'General' setting tab then 'Delete Files' which happen to be stored in C:\Documents And Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache, similar to clearing browser history in IE or flash video history in flash player? could this make java run more smoothly or is it not necessary? by doing that would all java updates be deleted, similar to what javara does by deleting all older java 6 updates? i would be interested to know

(2) if you have a static ip, but dont uncheck the reconnect clipboard can that lead to any problems...and if you dont enter username and router details in the list can that impact on the performance of jdownload or no matter what you select with these 2 areas its ok?

(3) is it possible for an automatic AVG update, which takes around a minute to run by itself at random times throughout the day, to cause any jowndownloader problems during a download session in progress...same for a daily half hour long AVG full system scan which runs at midday every day for me?

(4) one other thing i just thought of, if i get the java crash in future, if i was to create a different user profile on my computer, and do a fresh install of jdownloader there, is it likely the dll file wont be affected since its a totally different user profile, and should be different and brand new registry and settings for that dll file created? that way if i cant get jdownloader to be used properly without crashing on my current user profile, maybe it will work fine on a new and totally different user profile with administrator priveleges? what do you think of that idea as a bit of a fix to still be able to use jdownloader for downloads on my computer if the problem were to continue?

(5) when installing jdownloader does it install to all user profiles on the computer or only the current user profile?

i will also try some of the other methods as well that i mentioned in my other posts - i also have the option of using my dads laptop for jdownloader downloads

thanks for your help Jiaz, its a little scary being so reliant on jdownloader for all my downloads as if something like this happens, it really makes me appreciate just how amazing the jdownloader system features are...jdownloader is incredible when working well

cheers

Last edited by 4sure; 21.08.2012 at 03:07.