View Single Post
Old 05.01.2017, 09:05
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
We just don't want to be used as a tool by people who abuse urls.
I understand and can respect this. I still don't agree with it, because anyone who would want to abuse links can easily do it already and whether JD shows urls or not, it will have no impact on people abusing URLs. The only people this affects are people like me who want to use it when plugins a broken.

Quote:
Sorry for the small usability issue here but without JDownloader, it would be even harder for users to keep track of their links so I don't see a big problem here.
No problem. I don't disagree all I'm saying is you guys aren't preventing anything because someone like me who has very, very limited insight on anything to do with coding can bypass this in less than 10 seconds, so there is no point.

Quote:
If you want to see these urls, yoiu can simply change our code (and yes, ironically other people can do this too - and abuse it - it is how it is!).
I don't know how to do this, but like you said here to reiterate my point, people can easily abuse it, so blocking links is only small inconvenience for casual users like myself, not doing anything to people trying to harm sites.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that in the past, every URL added via decrypter (e.g. also via pastebin or a simply redirector) was not directly accessible - ALL "decrypted" urls were protected in JDownloader but now, only some are "protected".
I knew this already from searching and reading the forums a while back. I appreciate that you guys have shown leniency on this issue in the past.

Quote:
If you failed to check the linkcollector file, you could easily Wireshark JDownloader or use other tools to find the original URLs.
There is no real protection against this.
I'm not familiar with Wireshark, but like I said earlier, I can reenter the links into JD, completely unprotected using a .bat file in under ten seconds, so it's not really an issue for me considering the workaround is so quick.

Quote:
DLC2 was planned - that was supposed to finally be a better link protection but unfortunately, focus has been changed to other things.
Thank the "focus" gods for shifting your attention. All hail the "focus" gods.

Thank you for all the answers, psp. I really appreciate it. I respect the team's decisions, but I hope in the future you guys reconsider and add this feature in the advanced settings, so only a few people find and use it. Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:46.