View Single Post
Old 05.01.2017, 16:06
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Of course it is very easy to bypass it/workaround to get the links but JDownloader is a download manager and no decrypter.
Quote:
JDownloader will only provide/show the url that the user added
Plain in -> Plain out
Crypted in -> Crypted out
Container in -> Nothing out.
If the police pull me over and say I'm drunk and I have to recite this, to not go to jail, I'll avoid jail no matter how drunk I am. HAHAHA I swear I've seen this a hundred times while searching the forums.

Quote:
Of course it is very easy to bypass it/workaround to get the links but JDownloader is a download manager and no decrypter.
My point was since it's so easy, as you agree it is, you blocking links isn't preventing anyone from doing any harm, so it doesn't make any sense to do so. People will abuse links no matter if you block links or not. You say JD isn't a decrypter, it also isn't an ad bypasser, yet it bypasses ads making uploaders and websites lose money and you have no moral issue with this. JD also isn't a download limit bypasser, but you guys allow "automatic refresh" to change IP and bypass this limit as well as other tricks like "Do not send application identifier?" in the mega.co.nz plugin. This causes heavy bandwidth on their servers so they have to pay more money to maintain them and dissuades people from buying premium accounts, which takes money away from them, but you have no moral issues with this. I can keep going on and on. I don't understand why you say JD isn't a "decrypter" and draw the line here, when you have no problem doing it for many other functions like the ones I mentioned above. It just seems hypocritical.

Anyways, this wasn't meant to change your mind or anything, since you're clearly set in your ways. I was just showing how it doesn't make sense from the outside looking in. At the moment, this isn't too important, since the bypass is ridiculously easy and fast. Also, I only wanted this for when the plugins are broken, which they aren't at the moment, so I don't need to bypass it at the moment.

Since you guys won't change this now, I'll just have to wait for my next birthday to make a wish when I blow out the candles. Then it will happen. HAHAHA Like JR once said, "If fishes were wishes, then the world would be an ocean." Thank you for all of the work you do and have a great and productive 2017.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:47. Reason: Added a comma.