Thread: [Solved] jDownloader and memory leaks
View Single Post
Old 20.06.2011, 06:03
pmshah

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I must have been heavily distracted when writing my previous post, because I didn't write what I had in mind.

"98 % memory usage" means that jD is using almost 512 MB of your RAM memory. This is the maximum default memory allocated to jD. This means your RAM memory is really small or you're running a buggy JRE.

In the latter case I would replace your JRE by the JRE 1.6 update 17 or update 21. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

Of course, due to the many power outage you're experiencing, downloading such big files is like playing with fire.
I have 2 GB of ram and my system is running "Win 7 Ultimate x86" with latest updates. Apart from the basis system requirements of the OS, only other software running are uTorrent amd jDownloader. I may have VLC running at the same time.

I am going to follow your suggestion and update my jre to the latest version. I WILL report back my experience. However I did end up with situations where jDownloader was unable to resume downloads from Filesonic and had to abandon those partially downloaded files and start from scratch.