View Single Post
Old 26.08.2016, 16:43
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
did you compile it static? maybe you can provide it so we can use it for automatic installation? Thanks for the feedback!
@Jiaz, actually after I started compiling I realized that I included some unwanted components in ffmpeg ( which required xwindow components etc )..

Stopped the compilation then because I didn't want any xwindow component on a monitorless NAS box and installed from the FreeNAS package manager ( pkg ) and then linked to the directory jdownloader looks for.

So only requirement is linking the installed ffmpeg binary to jdownloader ffmpeg search folder.

It could be possible to put a "which ffmpeg" command and linking it to the destination folder when installing jd2 or when downloading some media file if when installing there was no ffmpeg installed.

Another option would be to use the ffmpeg binary directly from the package freenas installs.

PS. It's entirely possible to create your own custom compiled ffmpeg but it's hard to determine what to select/unselect when compiling librarires..