View Single Post
Old 11.08.2020, 23:07
Modem User

Greetings,

I've been back reading for quite a bit and am just seeking clarification regarding the issue I'm having. I've just recently experienced the "Too Many Requests" error when trying to download youtube videos. I'm using this on macOS by the way. The first thing I tried was changing my IP but I continued to receive the error. The next thing I tried was to uninstall and clear all related files to JDownloader 2 then reinstall it fresh and try just one youtube link but I still got the "Too Many Requests" error. The final thing I tried was just to switch to my Windows PC and try to download there and it worked fine with no issues.

What I would like to ask clarification with is that is JDownloader2 sending information to Youtube that is letting it identify my Mac specifically and give it the "Too Many Requests" error? Or is there some other issue here? I ask because I can download just fine using JDownloader2 on my other computer which is in the same network having the same external IP.

Thanks in advance for any advice regarding this.

Quick Update:

I tried it on my other Mac and PC and the behaviour is the same. I get the same "Too Many Requests" error on the other Mac but it works fine on the other PC. Again, all these computers are under the same network with the same external IP running the latest version of JDownloader2. Thanks again in advance.

Last edited by Xenos; 12.08.2020 at 00:03. Reason: Follow up Update