View Single Post
Old 27.09.2021, 07:21
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
A few small observations/open points:

-psp-
Good you mentioned, I had seen we are not yet done. There are a few more issues that should be checked/worked on.

First of all a minor issue, the *date_taken* tag, very useful but could it also get the date format that is defined in "Define how dates inside filenames should look like"? That would be more flexible and useful in certain situations and more consistent to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
- Are there videos with other file extensions than .mp4? If so, I need example URLs.
- Are there photos with other file extensions than .jpg? If so, I need example URLs.
--> For both cases I'd say yes it is possible when original file is downloadable.
- If possible, we could set the "resumable" state to be correctly set for all items (once the download has been started)
Yes, there are other file types you can find at Flickr and we should probably take all these into account although the vast majority will probably be jpg and mp4. PNG you can also find here and there. When you try to upload at Flickr there is a long list of filetypes offered to you:
Code:
asx, avi, avif, bmp, dib, gif, ico, jfif, jpeg, jpg, jxl, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, ogm, pjp, pjpeg, png, svg, svgz, tif, tiff, webm,ogv, webp, wmv, xbm
Besides that I do know for sure JD previously downloaded .flv video files, but maybe this is just a different type of .mp4 files? I am not sure. It's not easy to find examples since the other filetypes are not used very often, here is a stream with PNG-files:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This one is a good example as it shows what JD2 currently does, parsing correctly 504 items in this stream but assuming all of them to be JPG-files, although 242 of these are actually PNG files.

Examples:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

JD2 can parse all these links but puts a JPG-extension at the end even when it's a PNG image. Image editing or viewing programs can handle this as they usually scan the header of the files to actually see what filetype it is but it would be better if the extension would be set to PNG, which actually would be correct. Checking these files with an image analysing tool returns something like this "Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50".

On my search for PNG files I ran across another stream that gave me a big riddle as it was not correctly parsed by JD although all the content should be available without an account.

First of all the hq-png image from that stream:

Now when you parse this stream, JD returns 756 items although the stream actually has 1191 items. I looked through the pages and all had correctly 100 items and the last page 91, so there were no gaps.

When you now parse the albums then you'll get another 206 items, so there are 962 in total, but still far away from 1191.

I checked this a long time and thoroughly but I really could not find a reason why JD would not find all the items in this stream, maybe you can help clearing up this mystery, psp.

Besides that I still more need to check if downloading all the video links are working, I think I had a few issues with very small res videos. I don't have an example at hand right now but it could be that those examples previously listed in this thread are also affected (Point 2 in this post: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpost.php?p=490685).

The overall performance of the plugin is amazing compared to former times. Even the downloading is much faster I'd say. Thank you very much psp!