Thread: [See Bugtracker] Setting per host bandwidth limits
View Single Post
Old 12.02.2011, 20:44
WolfmanRobby

It is a known issue, see the thread Remi linked to.

When the "Bully" download starts, it's bandwidth creeps up and takes over.
Let me try to paint a picture. I have to limit to 300KB/s for total bandwidth.
I have a download from say ORON running using 100KB/s.
I start a second download, this time from say, FILESERVE. It starts off at 150KB/s.
Then, after about 15 seconds, it creeps up to 200 KB/s... not an issue as I'm still below 300KB/s total.
Then, another 15 seconds pass, and the FILESERVE download is at 250KB/s, leaving only 50KB's for the ORON.
A few seconds later, it's then 295KB/s to 5KB/s.
Then, the FILESERVE download load is pegging the full 300KB/s, and the ORON has changed to "Connecting."
After another few seconds, the ORON download stops all together, disables itself, and reports no permission to write to hard disk.

Again, I only used ORON and FILESERVE as examples. I've even seen it go the other way, where an ORON download took over the full 300KB/s, and bullied out another host.

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT RELATED TO MY ISP!!!! that comment in another thread was not related to this. When this happens, my ISP does not reset my connection, my internet connection DOES NOT drop. The download that took over all of the bandwidth keeps right on going until it finishes. Be it 3 minutes or 3 hours. PLEASE, separate what I posted trying to help someone in another thread from this. THEY ARE NOT RELATED!

I will repeat, in this case, MY CONNECTION never drops, my ISP never resets it. Just ONE download takes over the full bandwidth allocated in JDownloader until it's finished.