Thread: [Solved] Update settings not working?
View Single Post
Old 08.03.2015, 01:14
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@Super JD
once again, you along with some others miss understand those settings
if you uncheck 'UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Installing An Update - UNCHECKED' you will get prompted... effectively you've made it 'ask before installing...'.

default settings should only notify you (with bubble notify disabled) by a flashing icon on the toolbar and notification within titlebar (assuming you have set that titlebar option).
Sorry I miss read that title when I copied pasted, that and I think it used to have a 'NOT' within its title which inverted the checkbox setting and it used confused some users. I have a feeling coalado changed it recently.

I have JDownloader 2.0 installed on VM for testing purposes, and I never receive any dialogs indicating updates are ready to download, just flashing toolbar and title bar notifications (with bubble notify set to NEVER, as its very laggy over RPD). Its strange that some get notifications and others don't. I do get confirmation dialog when I click update, or when I close/start JD and there is an update pending to install (core update was already downloaded, pending approval to be installed).

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 08.03.2015 at 01:20.