Thread: [Solved] JD suddenly freeze [MAC]
View Single Post
Old 22.10.2013, 11:21
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by User0 View Post
I've used JD for over 3 years, probably more, so I know what I'm doing and how to use the program.

Why are you discontinuing support for Nightly and making everyone step in that pile of sh@t called JD2 Beta?

I tried the "fix" mentioned a couple of posts above --- DOESN'T WORK. JD Nightly still crashes with the out of memory error.

So I reluctantly booted up JD 2. Let me ask you: Why would you even BOTHER to release something that is not even alpha status? That program is 100% fail. NONE of my linksnappy links is recognized.

My premium rg and ryu links: Out of 11 I "force downloaded" all disappeared from the live download except two links. That is not a percentage even remotely acceptable.

PLEASE. TAKE JD2 OFF THIS SITE AND THROW IT BACK ON THE DRAWING BOARD. IT IS NOT READY FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION, AT LEAST ON THE MAC SIDE. CONTINUE SUPPORTING JD NIGHTLY FOR THOSE OF US (AND I'M SURE THERE ARE PLENTY) WHO NEED MULTIHOSTER ACCOUNT SUPPORT.

Or else bring multihoster support over to the Stable Release. What is your mysterious philosophy of NOT putting multihosters on the stable branch anyway? Most of them have been around for years and have had the kinks worked out.

JD2 is NOT the answer. I gave it its just due. It DOES NOT WORK.

I'll wont respond to the caps and most the opinion based statements. What I'll respond to why it is the way it is.

Both Nightly(~3+ years ago) and JD2 (our latest, but built ontop of previous Nightly with many major rewrites) have been our development platforms. Nightly implementation for multihosting was experimental at best and never made it into our stable release. The support overrides the the controlling methods that decide what gets downloaded by what plugin, as a Addon. This Addon (Premium) requires core updates in order to function and even support the multihoster plugins... We haven't and can not issue core updates, quite simply put, as our code changed so much that not possible without changing completely over to JD2. Also even if was placed into 0.9.581 at the last core update (back ~4 years ago), it would still have the same core update requirement for it's plugins, so no better off than Nightly!). JD2 multihosting has this logic at the backend controlling level. So you could say it's natively supported! We still need to improve error handling is some what antiquated for multihoster exceptions, but for now it's no different than Nightly, throwing standard linkstatus exceptions! But main benefit of JD2 implementation is they are treated as standard plugins, just with another routine to handle the multihosting component. Updates are possible with rest of the plugins.

I've never experienced links disappearing (since merging bug many moons ago) when forcing downloads. Have you ever reported these issues of links disappearing?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 22.10.2013 at 11:26.