View Single Post
Old 16.06.2016, 03:53
wanttohelp

If these issues get resolved, JD will save me even more time than it already has!

1. For some videos uploaded in the last few years where the maximum selectable resolution on Youtube is 360p, JD selects a bizarre "best quality" as default. Examples:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Upload date: February 16, 2015
JD incorrectly defaults to "352p 24fps" as "best quality" for this instead of 360 30fps.

Upload date: September 22, 2012
JD incorrectly defaults to "360p 25fps" as "best quality" for this instead of 360 30fps.

Upload date: April 15, 2015
JD correctly defaults to "360p 30fps" as "best quality" and I don't know why this one works but not the other two.

I haven't been able to replicate this on any really old videos but haven't tried much.

2. Timestamps in descriptions appear as "#" if the format is in "Hr:Min:Sec" and not just "Min:Sec". A good example is here:

The first timestamp, 9:42 is accurate in the description file JD produces. However, the rest, 1:22:40, 1:59:01, 3:03:13, and 3:41:17 all appear as "#". I suspect something such as 0:09:42 would also show up as "#".

3. I'm not able to customize the filename for Youtube Descriptions like I can for Video, Audio, Image, and Subtitle files.

4. The following variables do not work in the subtitle filename:
*H
*FPS

Using this naming option for both video name and subtitle filename:

(*H*p *FPS*fps)

Results in this:
Video: (720p 60fps)
Subs.: (p fps)

This is true of all Youtube videos at any framerate.