View Single Post
Old 06.04.2019, 17:56
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthroughtime View Post
tried 20 different tweets from different accounts and i'm still getting nothing, the only time i've been able to get the username to pop up is scanning the twitter account itself and even then it only brings up the name in the package

it's weird how instagram does it automatically without any packagizer messing around but twitter for some reason refuses to let me do it

I think I figured out why this is not working with DownloadUrl and the jd:property:username placeholder but it works with the SourceUrl solution which mgpai provided.

The main twitter url and the direct urls of the pictures are not the same at all.

for example:
main twitter url which you copy to Lingrabber
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

extacted urls of the pictures from the main url
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The main twitter url contains the username account (MingNa), so we can extract it from there with SourceUrl. But the picture urls have a complete different domain (twimg) and they dont contain at all the username account. That's why JD breaks them into three different packages and the jd:property:username placeholder fails to get the username.

I dont know if the same thing happens with Instagram but JD somehow manages to get the username, I havent tested that.