View Single Post
Old 12.09.2014, 14:16
khooni

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@khooni
it has nothing todo with the update

your youtube log is littered with socket related issues introduced by firewall or proxy itself.

Search "SocketTimeoutException|ConnectException" (1581 hits in 1 file)
where can i find the log file?
I tried my luck at reinstalling jd2 and it worked when i put a video to download for the first time. I then put a second video to dowload and it also was completed. Then for the 3 video I let it download a few mb's and stopped the download with "stop" button on the upper side of the jd2 GUI. I then tried to resume it later, and the problem was back!
I tried the localhost(127.0.0.1) with other softwares(for downloading youtube videos) and not a single one showed this behavior, so there is no problem with the proxy. And i think that there isn't any problem with firewall blocking the port/jd2 either. So i believe the problem might be something of a miscommunication between JD2 and the locahost (127.0.0.1)
Here are the log files :
12.09.14 16.44.43to12.09.14 16.52.35 jdlog://4259513173041/
12.09.14 16.52.37to12.09.14 17.19.00 jdlog://5259513173041/

in short: if youtube video downloading is stopped abruptly before completion (on localhost), JD2 cannot download youtube videos anymore (on localhost) unless it is reinstalled. Downloading of youtube videos without proxy is unaffected.
the proxy software i use connects the pc via local host ( aka 127.0.0.1) using ssh+ tunneling so I'm pretty sure the problem is between the localhost and JD2, not the proxy (or the firewall?). Maybe JD2 cannot reconnect to localhost after it is forcibily disconnected from it?

I've got another doubt (above problem might be related to this): In advanced settings there are 2 "Proxy: youtube" option. One has a checkbox while the other has "null" value (shown in the attached screenshot). Do they serve different purpose or one of them is just a leftover option from previous version? I think this could be interfering with JD2's connection with localhost because the problem i stated only happens with youtube. Other websites(filefactory, tusfiles, etc) work properly over the proxy
Attached Thumbnails
prob.JPG  

Last edited by khooni; 12.09.2014 at 14:52. Reason: more info