View Single Post
Old 05.05.2019, 12:04
JD Fan

jDownloader does not automatically download videos from Youtube. For instance:

Hubble Legacy Field Zoom-Out
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I copy such URL, open jDownloader, update it if required (clicking the Earth globe icon: Click if there are not installed updates - Command U) and Command V to paste URL. That makes jDownloader to show entry folder in LinkGrabber tab. I expand it (sometimes that is tricky, and I must try it several times to work; that did not happen with previous versions), select one link (.mp4), Control-click (right-mouse click) to show options (again, sometimes that is tricky, and I must try it several times to work; that did not happen with previous versions) and select "Add to download list".

Previously, that started the automatic download in Download tab. But since some time ago, it stays there for ever. Unless I Control-click (right-mouse click) it and select "Force download start" or quit jDownloader and open it again, in which case, a window shows "Downloads will start in a few seconds…". A 10 second countdown starts and the video is downloaded eventually.

Of course, LinkGrabber tab window (bottom-right arrowhead icon) shows "Autostart Download" selected when clicked to display contents. It would be useful if that could be also configured from Settings tab, since otherwise it may be difficult to find as said. On the other hand, "Settings - General - Autostart downloads - Autostart downloads at application starts - Always" and "Show countdown (seconds)" are selected (ticked).

How to avoid that and allow automatic download once "Add to download list" is selected, as happened with previous versions?

Using jDownloader 2 (it would be great if Mac Finder showed the version, as well as jDownloader2 - About jDownloader2, which now shows many versions which is confusing, and additionally they cannot be selected and copied for pasting) on macOS 10.12.6 (16G1918) Sierra.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 05.05.2019 at 12:42.