View Single Post
Old 21.07.2022, 01:52
I will play nice!

Default 4K Download Option Not Available on Some YouTube Channels?

Hi all

I've been using JDownloader very happily and successfully for a while now, but have come across a couple of instances where there is no 4K download option for a video (that definitely is on YouTube in 4K)

Is there something special or different about some videos or channels that prevents them being downloaded in the highest resolution? As an example, this video:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The highest resolution JDownloader offers me is 1920p, but it is a 4K video. All videos on the LTT channel seem to be the same, but videos on other channels from the same group (LMG) don't have the same problem.

(For example, these videos from yesterday on the TechLinked and TechQuickie channels: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** & **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - 2160p and 1440p are options)

If there's something I can do to get the 4K download I'd like to know, but I'd equally appreciate just knowing if it's not possible (and why) so that I can stop wondering about it:biggrin:

Thank you in advance for your help