View Single Post
Old 27.02.2011, 15:58
remi

Cool Handling of anti-captcha methods

Let's first try to understand this remarkable post in the reCaptcha thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@remi
No we do officially support captcha-recognitions but the settings were removed more than half a year ago because we thought no one would use them.
Does this mean that the jD Team officially support non-official add-ons like these anti-captcha (the 'Spanish' automatic recognition, the decaptcher, the CT and any other) methods?

I must admit I've never seen a function in jD for choosing the method for captcha handling on a per host basis. If it existed why was it removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Also we haven't received many complains yet.
Complaints about the removal of the settings I wrote about or what settings are you talking about?

I would like to propose the following overall design. If an internal method exists and it works, jD should use this method, otherwise it would search for an external method using the following priorities :-

1) first the automatic anti-captcha methods,

2) then the non-paying or mutual anti-captcha solving methods,

3) and finally the paying methods.

If the customer would enable manual captcha recognition then all the other methods would be overridden. Note that the term "disable automatic captcha recognition" would be useless, since CT also has a mutual captcha solving method that just shifts manual captcha solving in time. The cost for that shift is that customers have to solve many more captchas than in normal manual mode.

Note that I still make the distinction between internal and external, because I'm still thinking that the jD Team makes a distinction between these two types.