Thread: [Declined] Please switch GUI to match JD1
View Single Post
Old 05.02.2014, 22:00
gonwk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
... A2: Our installers provide short-cuts/file associations (DLC, etc), you can disable the shortcuts/file associations in the installer. JD2 install is portable as in we provide all the necessary dependencies (Java Runtime Environment)! JD0.9 and JD2 stores all it's files in one location, within the 'installation directory'. You can copy that installation directory to any location and it will work (file associations/shortcuts will no longer work, assuming you enabled them originally.). Theirs zero need for a 'portable' version from a 3rd party provider what so ever! You could also copy the JDownloader.jar to a new path and run it, it will re-download all required components, but what you wont get is the binaries associated with a given installer (JDownloaer2.exe etc). ...
Hi folks,

@ raztoki ... Thanks for Great Explanation ... just to be sure that I understood you ...

So, I can take the latest JD2 Install link from PSP Sigline and run it ...

1) The JD2 will Install on my C:\ Direcetory
2) Then I can take that Folder and Copy it to wherever that I want on my Hard Drive
3) I then can UNINSTALL that JD2 from my C:\ Drive using ADD/Remove program
4) And my newly Portable JD2 will work just fine and I can get the Updates and what not ...

Do I have it correctly!

Thanks again!

G!