Thread: [Solved] reCaptcha Stopped Working
View Single Post
Old 28.11.2018, 00:43
JD Addict

Trying everything to get Recaptcha working here... Windows 10 x84.

I edited JD2 Advanced Settings, so starting a download link in JD2 will open Chrome incognito. However, the captcha page never loads no matter which hoster I'm addressing. For example with OBoom the URL that Chrome tries to load is

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

But I soon get the error message "This site can’t be reached 127.0.0.1 took too long to respond.".

My Avast antivirus is disabled, and the browser works fine for other sites. My 'hosts' file has no active entries (only # comments).

I must be missing something simple because nobody else is reporting this and it almost works...

EDIT: and ACTUALLY I don't even need Recaptcha to work automatically. But even manually I still get the timeout so can't ever get to the captcha to solve it that way. So I got started down this rabbit hole...

EDIT: I did get it to work once, manually. Part of my problem was that starting Chrome "incognito" makes it disable the MyJDownloader extension - which is apparently what allows the captcha to appear. If I can't get on this way I'll start a new thread.

Last edited by Arbie; 30.11.2018 at 06:06.