View Single Post
Old 05.11.2022, 16:17
I will play nice!

Default Annoying hindrance when trying to download files with the same file name from Drive

I'm trying to download quite some stuff from a shared Google Drive through JDownloader2, because it's faster than through a web browser or Google Drive for desktop.

On the Drive a lot of the files have the same file name but they're not identical and structured in different folders. But for JDownloader2 this is kinda problematic.

See, when I copy a link to a file (on Google Drive), it gets added to the LinkGrabber. Usually any newly added file gets added at the bottom of the list. The most efficient way to work is to copy the links to all files in the same Drive folder before going back to JDownloader's LinkGrabber to select this selection and set their download location destination.

The problem is that when a file name already appeared in the LinkGrabber, the new file gets added within the same package as the one that was already there. So then I need to scroll up and find the packages that now have 2 files inside of them, and then I need determine which one is the new one and set its destination location. This is very tedious.

It would be better if:
- everytime I copy an URL I'd get a popup window asking me the download destination location, or
- files with the same file names wouldn't be put together in the same package, so that every new file I copied just gets added at the bottom of the LinkGrabber
- JDownloader could automatically set the destination locations of copied file URLs to match the folder structures on the Drive

I was hoping someone could help me here. It would be very appreciated.