View Single Post
Old 31.07.2016, 05:12
Wind Gust

Hi again. Came across two more vods which repeatedly stop before getting at about 1 mb or less. Twitch will probably delete them within a day or two, if you wanted to check them out before they're gone.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I also came across one that keeps saying "An error occured!" and "Try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)". This one will probably deleted soon as well.

I have JD2 up to date so I have no idea why that error would happen just for that one video.

With the problems I've been having with Twitch on JD lately, after weeks of searching I've finally found an alternative that seems reliably able to download all vods (including the three I just linked).

(And I'm not trying to be rude by mentioning this. I understand that it is an incredible task for JD to be supporting so many sites, and I think that overall JD may very well be the best downloader in existence).

Anyway the Twitch downloader I found is open source so I'll describe it a little in case you guys would want to take a look. It downloads the .ts files first, then joins them into a single .mp4 when a download is done. I think that's how it can grab vods that even JD2 can't. I think that also means downloads are resumable, though I'm not 100% sure.

It even lets you select the time range to download too, and has a {game} tag which can be added to the file name that I don't think JD2 has (or the JD2 plugin just doesn't mention it).

I do hope I haven't been rude to mention that. It seems like this open source program already does much of what is planned or considered in the future for the Twitch plugin in JD2, so I didn't know if anyone here would want a link to it to check out the code. If so let me know (I thought it would be too rude to post a link without asking first).

Last edited by plip; 31.07.2016 at 05:22.