View Single Post
Old 27.05.2012, 07:20
abud

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
JD never created directories in that manner, it only ever created a new directory as the download sequence commenced. This hasn't changed nor will it.

They simplified how jd processes settings like mkdir <packagename>
It will work when enabled and links that have entered linkgrabber after been enabled.

I believe this is our only implementation for JD2 it wont be coming back in any other form like before. It was too statically assigned, you couldn't disable it for a given custom packagiser rule. This way you can. It gives you the most flexibility to all users and the only downside is you need to have the default 'create subdirectory by packagename' rule enabled at the time of passing links into linkgrabber.

If you want more control over directory making please use external program to add links to jd in package names that you desire and make folders with your program at the time of adding to JD linkgrabber/downloadlist. Communicate with JD2 via its new API.

Thread is still re-solved.
I don't understand. The nightly build of jdownloader always created the directory when the package was transfered from the linkgrabber list to the download list when the option "Create subfolders after adding links" was checked.

Please check the option "Create subfolders after adding links" of the nightly build.

I'm not talking about how it's done. I do beleive that the way it's implemented now is better. The option of creating the directory when the package gets transfered from the link grabber list to the download list is completely seperate from the logic of the packager.

The packager deals with the link when it's intercepted from the clipboard and transfered to the linkgrabber list. The creation of the folder, when a file/package is transfered from the linkgrabber list to the download list is happens after that.

I did try to work with drbits, vivalostioz, remi and you in the past to use the Remote Control Addin that is now obsolete. I never really got any sucess in making it work.

I do beleive that it would be a nice feature to add the option to have jdownloader create the folder when the file is added to the download list instead of waiting for it to start transfering to create the folder.

Thanks