View Single Post
Old 13.11.2017, 21:04
nonessentials

Default YouTube download speed problem

I'm having trouble with YouTube downloads (I'm not including a link because the trouble is essentially with every video I attempt to download). The download often hangs up at the start with a Host Offline? error, then, after a reset, it will start, and it starts reasonably fast, say, 3 megabits per second. But almost immediately the speed starts to drop, and it drops fast. After a few seconds, the speed drops sometimes as low as 65 kilobits per second (!), but more often to around 200 kilobits per second. There are almost no exceptions to this behavior. A download that should take maybe 1 minute to download quickly becomes a download that takes 5 or 10 minutes or more!

For comparison, I also use SMTube for single YouTube video downloads. A single video usually downloads at speeds between 3 and 5 megabits per second, and the speed sometimes drops some, but not dramatically. This is a huge difference, and the fact that SMTube works well suggests that it's not a problem with my machine or internet connection, but rather with JDownloader's interaction with YouTube.

Anybody else seeing such behavior?

Thanks...