View Single Post
Old 27.11.2019, 14:23
noone1

THANK YOU for the enlightenment master:) that helps a lot to start with

I may have few other questions still in relation with sort of tuto/first step for beginners:

edit: points 1,2 &3 solved in one go! I feel I can breath now
very nice tips:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
@Skeeve:
  • If you mean console, a ticket (#84516) is pending for that feature. For trouble shooting you can use alert() (can cause JD to hang if the events are triggered in quick sucession) or log to file using the log() method.
  • You can use external editor to create/view/modify the script. Save it as JS file locally and use the require() method in the JD editor to access/run it. E.g. require("/myFolder/myScript.js");. You can load any local/remote resource using this method.
Spoiler:

+ autocompletion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by umax View Post
and I do not know whether it's a new feature or a bug
It is a feature of the editorKit (JSyntaxPane) used by JD (updated a few months back). While it is meant to make writing scripts easier, it is doing quite the opposite (at least for me).
Totally agree, way too constraining! plus java is really not comfortable as a gui (at least for me).:P
so, still not possible to disable this autocompletion/highlighting?

+ multimodal editor window

Execution testing is a big pain in the a.. Is it planned in a near future to make the js editor window 'independent'? ('multimodal/unattached') so we can debug scripts in a less painful way without having to exit/re-edit scripts on each and every slightest change... (plus sometimes I would need to minimize the underlying JD window)

+ syntax highlighting
I use custom theme (modified black_eye) for JD and unfortunately it interferes with syntactic colorization in the js editor that make the rendering quite unreadable. Not a big deal since I use np++, but it's a lot of copy/paste!

So, not (yet) possible to modify the highlighting rules independently of the existing LAF settings, or maybe more simply not apply these settings to the js editor pane?

+ make my life easier.
Little confused with all the script types and plugins available, I understand they are all designed for specific use which is thus intended to simplify things but on the other hand it's not very practicable to maintain different scripts in different locations for a same task.

Well, just to know: is there theoretically something js event scripts can't do that link filter or packagizer can?
(I mean with json parsing api and text file i/o it's virtually possible to manage most of the tasks from js only or is it a bad idea)

suggestion for farfaraway feature : kind of firefox's webdev common console;)

Last edited by noone1; 28.11.2019 at 16:38.