View Single Post
Old 04.09.2015, 19:29
koningx

Yes i want to keep packages of similar entity to be organized if they all belong to a ONE
Entity type.

right now what you are trying to say is also a workaround ,

But adding a tag to each and every and every package, each and everytime can be a bit of long work.

right now i do that using comments feature.

But still the Long list are longs list then too, and can't see what all i have to download in
my long list and what is pending and what is priority, while scrolling in those long list of packages.

i was thinking it could have been better if just to select and drag and drop , similar packages into ONE Main tree type of package, giving a short compact overview of our download tasks in and by creating a MAIN package out of selected packages by Nesting them under a tree structure.

which can also finction to collapse n expand those lengthy trees , to make look download list with 10000s links bit nice and cleaner. rather than all jumbled up on first look.

Plus if we add group tag everytime to the package , that may also work , BUT we have to remember the Tag we added. But we can't then collapse and expand those big download lists to see kind of the actual overview of our long scrolling download lists.

rather only filter them , too see parts of them.

it might not be possible with the current version and architecture of Jdownloader, the way it handles links like you say .

BUT may be of anyday anytime , if a new version completely is thought to be made from scratch again , based from existing features of JD2 into JD3.

like JD2 was made after JD1, to be completely new again with UI and all.

OR

if there gets a problem in Naming conflicts in packages .

we can resolve it like-

The Top Level package can be made Optional. allowing functionality of droppng the existing packages into another packages when only wanted/needed, done manually, not by default.

By default, links get added to the linkgrabber the same way as they do now.
and so the filenames and packagenames get generated by default like they do now.

But i mean Later when those packages can be dragged into another package.
or create a package out of those packages. that new package will always
have default name a s"Various Files" like what JD2 usually takes the package name
for links with different filenames. and so same then happens with when there are package with different packagenames.

like with default names-

Various Files(TOP MAIN PACKAGE)[created manually, when need to group some packages]
------Various Files(package with files with different names, like JD2 does so now)
---------file1-----link1
---------file2-----link2
---------file3-----link3
------filename1(another package, with name of the package same as name of the file with mirror links)
-----------filename1----link 1 to it--
-----------filename1----link 2 to it--
-----------filename1----link 3 to it--
------filename2(package)
-----------filename2----link 1 to it--
-----------filename2----link 2 to it--
-----------filename2----link 3 to it--

i can surely understand it can't be done with the current architecture and development.

BUT May be for a Future Re-build of JDownloader IF thought again.

This architecture i think of servers better the purpose of Organising those download lists and packages lists into more organized and systematic and collected manner.

rather than some of different packages of different type of entities scattered here and there.

That' the whole idea and point of it. to have more systematic organization of long list of packages in Jdowloader.