View Single Post
Old 06.03.2015, 05:25
richardstevenhack

Well, I just installed JDownloader and came here to try to find out why Zevera and Putdrive aren't being used by it. So I did a search first and here I am with virtually everyone saying these two are worthless - which is kinda what I've concluded after trying to use directly over the last two days.

I'll tell you who I used to use and will use again: BRapid. Their list of hosts isn't that long - around 40-50 depending on which ones are working at any given time. And they have occasional issues with the two I use most: Uploaded and Rapidgator. Rapidgator has a quota on it and when that runs out, you're stuck until the next day. Uploaded will occasionally stop but then it works again an hour or so later (I've no idea why.) Uploadable is hit and miss. I haven't tried many of the others.

The problem with BRapid is that they've lost their credit card processing again. They lost it last year but regained it. Now it's gone again. So you can only get them via various wire transfer methods. They've opened a Paypal method this week which I'm going to use but that takes 3-7 days or more for Paypal to send an overseas payment and for BRapid to process it manually.

But the service is infinitely better than Putdrive or Zevera. I just tried downloading a 350MB TV show as a test on Zevera from their Web page and it will take 1.5 to 2 HOURS to download at my 6Mbps DSL speed which is ridiculous. With BRapid that file would come in 15 minutes or so. It looks like I can download my ebooks and magazines at a decent speed with them but large files, no go.

And I can't make them work with JDownloader so far. I had a hell of a time installing JDownloader as the WebInstaller simply froze every time. So I downloaded the JD2 jar file and that works. I run openSUSE 13.2 Linux with the openjdk Java, so I just installed the Oracle Java, but no change - still can't get JDownlader to use either Putdrive or Zevera. The log shows the Java socket closes unexpectedly.

So I'm pretty much stuck with slow downloads until BRapid comes back online for me.

But I'd give BRapid a try if you can get them paid. They've worked well for me for the past year or so.

Last edited by richardstevenhack; 06.03.2015 at 05:27.