View Single Post
Old 11.03.2022, 17:29
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perene View Post
They have a 2 year inactivity period (more than all other services I researched - after that period the content is deleted, yet the account remains OK), and beyond that, you'll be unable to return to the account without informing a cellphone number to receive a SMS validation code, which cannot be reused in more than 2, 3 accounts. Perhaps not even 2.
It's no news that Google made adding a phone number kinda mandatory.

Quote:
So even if the account has no phone number inside it (never had a phone configured to ALL OF THEM, especially for account recovery, only an alternate email), you'll be forced to inform one after Google says "we didn't recognize your device".
Yap I can confirm that.

Quote:
And if it's reused Google will lock you out of the account and you'll need to wait DAYS to try again.
I've never had this problem.

Quote:
I managed to bypass this by using one of those free phone number creation date services, similar to TEXTNOW. But you know how these work: they may be blacklisted for good by GOOGLE, something that already happened with Tinder, for example (good luck finding one which work there).
Which means you would have to buy a new phone number just to return to one of these accounts.
Here in Germany it's easy to get 100% free prepaid SIM cards which is always a better solution than using such free services.
Often those "public" numbers are already blacklisted by most of all services.

Quote:
The problem is, try to organize Terabytes worth of data if you only have a single 1 TB SSD, it takes days to download + upload where you want (if it's imposing a bandwith cap) and organize all data.
Maybe a local server or a paid backup service would be the better solution for your needs.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?