View Single Post
Old 23.12.2009, 05:07
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
JDownloader is only supposed to expand when all of the parts are in the package. In the future, it might check for that and refuse your request to expand.
So, you suggest the team do work to make JD less useful, rather than more.

Quote:
It is rare enough
Not rare at all.

Often I get parts of a fileset in different JD packages, in different sessions after the original package has been deleted, or not using JD at all.

If I shutdown JD or it crashes, the completed downloads will be deleted from the download queue (I know this is a setting that can be changed, but it's commonly used), leaving a package that only has half the parts of an archive in it, while the rest are already downloaded.

JD's unrar is unique with its ability to try a list of passwords (I've heard of utilities that do this, but never actually found one). None of your suggested alternatives can do that.

The ONLY problem this time is that the archive was encrypted with a new password, not in the previously used list.

Quote:
the core purpose of JDownloader (downloading a list of links)
No, the "core purpose" is to deliver the file with the least amount of hassle to the user. What I want is the file "X.avi", not 43 encrypted RAR files.
The whole rigmarole of archiving, splitting, captchas, downloading, passwords, expanding is the tedious crap JD was designed to handle.

Thanks for your time.
But I hope the actual team sees it differently.