Thread: [User feedback required] [Bug report] JD2 spawns 200+ Java processes!
View Single Post
Old 10.06.2015, 17:14
Jay Downloader

Exclamation [Bug report] JD2 spawns 200+ Java processes!

I installed JD2 last night just to try it out. I like the new interface, but it creates a HUGE problem on my machine. I noticed in Windows Task Manager that running the JD2 executable spawns in upwards of 200 processes of JDownloader2.exe and javaw.exe!

It completely froze my computer to the point where I had to do a hard shutdown (pressing the physical shutdown button to kill the power).

I couldn't even uninstall it by the standard uninstall program, because it also runs in Java and also spawned a seemingly infinite number of javaw.exe and JDownloader2.exe processes. I ended up having to do a System Restore to a point before JD2 was installed, and had problems using JD1 (launcher wouldn't start), until I uninstalled and reinstalled both it and Java JRE.

I ended up having to reinstall JDownloader in another folder (it was working fine in C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader) because apparently that path has become problematic for the program to run.

If you can look into this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I'm back to using JD1 for now until I can be certain that JD2 won't have this problem anymore. Just letting you know so that you can investigate further for future iterations of the beta and the eventual final release. I've included some information about my computer in the hopes that it may be useful to JD Team.

-----------------------------------------------------------

System information:
  • Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
  • Java JRE 8u45
  • 4GiB RAM
  • AV: Spybot Professional