View Single Post
Old 07.02.2020, 15:30
Fetter Biff

Quote:
This clears indicates JD does not have enough memory to perform the current tasks. You will need to increase it as per instructions provided by Jiaz, which can be find in one of my earlier replies. For optimum performance, the allocated memory should be less than max memory.
OK, so that is the problem. Nothing else. After having had the issues with (error messages, etc.) the entire system does not run properly anymore, very slow, sluggish.

Quote:
Meaning, you can reduce the allocated memory back to earlier levels after you have finished loading and exporting your links.
Do you mean, I have to do anything to achieve that (if so, how) or does it happen automatically when JD will be closed (and if need be restarted)?

Quote:
Loading large lists will require more memory. The memory currently allocated (1.76 GB) does not appear to be sufficient to load large lists. You may need to increase it to 4/6/8 GB etc., in order to load your dlc and backup lists.
When I the first time (in this session, after the last start of the Notebook) tried to add the large dlc container JD didn't show an error message at all, I stopped the process when about 30.000 links where added to JD. The last times I tried the same, adding the large dlc, error messages occourred when about 5000 Links were added. Although the same amount of memory was available.

Quote:
Once you have finished loading and exporting then, you can change the allocated memory from e.g. 8 GB to back to 1.76 GB, since you will not be needing more than that during regular use.
Sorry, I do not understand how can I change the memory allocated?