Thread: [Developer Feedback required] mega.co.nz: Skipped - Account is missing
View Single Post
Old 22.11.2020, 12:59
Fibre Channel User

OK guys, this is what I discovered (sorry for double post, but I had to update this here, it may be useful what I am going to say, for further analysis from JDW developers): the bug is still there, but when I use the app Megasync to download this huge file, the message in JDW changes to "bandwidth exceeded, try 5 hours from now".

Listen (note: all my accounts are free, I don't have anything premium):

1) JDW already had a random mega.nz account configured there, saved in JDW's internal settings. Let's call this MEGA.NZ account #1, and account #0 the one that owns the 49 GB file;

2) When I tried for the first time to download 2 huge files, it worked, but the 49 GB file one still had to download 4 GB (all that was left and I couldn't download, since this "Skipped - Account is missing" appeared);

3) Then I opened Megasync, a Megaupload app, and tried to download the same 49 GB file. Of course if we do that, then for free accounts this app only downloads 1.8 GB, then makes us wait 5 hours. If we use JDW then it's able to download much more data from Mega.nz servers. And even bypass this limit. Don't ask me HOW it's capable of doing that...

4) Yesterday when I tried to do this while at the same time used JDW, the download resumed. But it was painfully slow. When I stopped in JDW and tried again, it sent me a message to wait 5 hours.

This 5 hour message is misleading. If we wait 5 hours and try again, the error "Skipped - Account is missing" will always appear.

So apparently this download will never be restarted in JDW, regardless if I:

- Change my IP (which is dynamic anyway) to fool Mega.nz servers and bypass any eventual limitation;
- If I also change my free Mega.nz account inside JDW settings;

So this means I will always have 4 GB of data left to be downloaded in JDW. Meaning I will have to use Megasync and wait a lot of time to download 49 GB, having to wait 5 hours between each 1.8 GB of data downloaded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My theories at first, which may explain why JDW says "Skipped - Account is missing":

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

- Each free account may have a bandwidth limit inside them, just like Google Drive, so this means we would have to wait until the account #1 (the one I said that is trying to download the 49 GB file) to clear this, or account #0, which owns the 49 GB file (the one I used to send the content there to Mega.nz servers) to do the same.

This means if the bandwidth limit from account #0 was monthly, then I would have to wait December 1st, 2020 to try downloading the rest (4 GB left);

- Or I would only have to switch to another Mega.nz account to download the 49 GB file. This can be done if we change settings from JDW account manager.

I have multiple Mega.nz free accounts, credentials saved here in my private TXT file.

That's why I am able to check all this.

What JDW developers need to explain is how I am able to download so huge files despite using free accounts. If we are able to do this at the onset, then why after an interruption this is not possible anymore?

Based on everything I said I must conclude there is no "resume" for free accounts trying to download huge files that exceed the quota. Meaning if we try to download a huge file, we better finish the download.

Update: I tried to remove the file, then download again using JDW, and configuring another free account in JDW settings. I also restarted my modem, to see if my IP would change.

This time the download didn't even start: Skipped - Account is missing appeared at the onset.

So this is it... sadly I am going to have to rely on MegaSync from now on. And the proof my IP changed is that the download resumed a few minutes ago, and an additional 1.8 GB was downloaded from the 49 GB file. I am saying this because sometimes we restart the modem and the IP stays the same. No, it did change, but that was not enough to make JDW download the thing again.

Oh, one last thing: before someone says "it was never possible, with this bug, to download these huge files"!!!!!

That's not true! This week I was able to download a 12.7 GB file! With JDW's help. And I was downloading the 49 GB one (part 1 of 2, while the 12.7 GB was part 2 of 2).

What I believe it has happened was some sort of download quota, inside the account that hosts the 49 GB file. If this was the case, then it's lasting for days by now.

Oddly Mega says the quota is 1 GB every 6 hours.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

It's either that or the bug makes the "Skipped - Account is missing" reappear from time to time. Randomly.

Last edited by Perene; 22.11.2020 at 13:26.