View Single Post
Old 22.06.2021, 02:30
DSL User

By the way, I have just made another test with GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads to 1, then, using forced Start from context menu, on files (neither on package, nor on Start button):

a) Max sim.dl = 1, Max.sim.dl per hoster = 1, then 1 file at a time is downloading, despite others are in the queue.
b) Max sim.dl = 6, Max.sim.dl per hoster = 6, then 6 files at a time (same hoster) are still possible, with condition (probably) that they are not starting at the same time, because they are starting manually one per one at the 1st step. (Why now GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads = 1 does not limit this "forced start" mode to 1?)

This to say that the pluggin might accept upto 6 parallel downloads, providing they are not started exactly at the same time: what could cause its refusal was that more than 1 starting at the same time. It might not recognize parallel downloads once started though, although there seems that download speed is then divided per number of simultanous downloads.

So the solution for my case is:
- GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads = 1
- Max sim.dl and Max.sim.dl = 1 (or 2, to save time, upto 4, but not really necessaire to have many parallel downloads if speed is reduced/divided).
- First start on a file (neither on a package nor Start button), then the next one only once the 1st one is started
- Then the rest to the queue.

Thanks for your help in willing to adapt the pluggin, but this could take your time, I still can use the current solution so. Also, I don't know if it is good for other users if modified, unless it is customizable in this pluggin for this dimension (number of simultanous downloads).

Thanks again for all.

Edit: Still not working with "my" solution above, still get "Too many download sessions" error with setting to 3 simultanous. It had worked for about 6,7 files then error. So come back to solution 1 only each time.

Last edited by dvmoo; 22.06.2021 at 02:35. Reason: Get "too many download sessions" error with the solution.