View Single Post
Old 04.02.2015, 06:17
Mega Loader

I still cannot get new links to show the correct folder automatically. When I click browse the box does come up as the correct path and all I have to do is click save. I found that I can move options from the right click submenus to the main. I put "set download directory" and "move to new package" to the top. I think in linkgrabber these functions are the most used and should by at the top by default. Until I used the menu manager I thought they had been omitted from JD2. So, problem mostly solved. Before this I had been clicking browse on each link to change it to the default. All I have to do is select all and right click to bring up the box once and click save. I even tried renaming last weeks folder and restarting and links come up to a folder that no longer exists. The box still comes up to the correct default folder.

The most irritating default was the sub folder option. I tried several things in the advanced settings and I don't remember what finally worked to get rid of it. Even when I would bring up the box and leave the box unchecked it would still put <jdownloaderpackagename> in the path and I would have to delete that individually for each link. I think in JD 1 there was just a box in the lower right corner for the subfolder option that you only had to change once.

As I said before, there are still a lot of pretty basic options in the advanced menu that require that I scroll through the huge list of things that I have no clue what they are and would never change without asking my son (a geek and proud of it!) what they mean. I think the rule should be if an average user like me is if not going to make a change to an option that is going to really screw things up and could easily be changed back, then they should be in the regular menus. At least put back the ones that used to be in JD 1. That scary warning that popped up the first time I clicked advanced made me back off at first. Even friends of mine that have much less computer skills than me know not to change things that they do not know what they are.