View Single Post
Old 23.12.2019, 13:42
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly666 View Post
I get the same errors too on all videos and it have happened for over a week now.
It happens on four different systems (gaming pc/htpc/test system/and a xubuntu WM on my unraid server) and it started on all off them at the same time.

I can watch youtube in firefox/opera/chrome on all systems no problem i can also use youtube-dl instead of JDownloader.

I also tried not even opening a youtube page at all (FF/Chrome/opera) or trying too download any youtube video (JD/yotube-dl) for 50-55 hours but no change at all.

For any that have this problem try using youtube-dl (google it) as a work around until JD is fixed and the simplest way and the way i use it is this.

Put the youtube-dl.exe in the folder you want to download too then make a txt file named youtube.txt that you copy the youtube links into (playlist should work too but have not tried it) save it.
Open CMD in windows go too the folder you want too download too and use this line
Code:
youtube-dl -a youtube.txt
Filename is only title tough.
If you want channel name/date/title in the filename use this line
Code:
youtube-dl -a youtube.txt -o %(uploader)s-%(upload_date)s-%(title)s.%(ext)s
And if someone know how to get spaces between the different sections (uploader/date/title) instead of - let me know, have not got that too work at all even _ would be better but that does not work either.
Thank you for this workaround!
I am using another one: In the browser settings, deactivate Media Source Extensions (MSE) for mp4 videos. Then right click twice on the video and you get the option "download video". You have to enter the name of the video yourself (I copy and paste it), otherwise it only calls it "videoplayback.mp4" and you probably have to select the folder to download to. But for me this has worked as a workaround for everything but live streams.
But I'm not sure if other browsers have that. I'm using Pale Moon, a former Firefox clone, but I just checked modern Firefox, and I didn't find this setting there. But maybe other browsers have it too. It's easier for me than VPN. If I use VPN I don't have access to my private network with the NAS.

Last edited by Thinkerbelle; 23.12.2019 at 13:47.