Thread: [Solved] FileServe Premium ISSUES
View Single Post
Old 05.11.2011, 03:28
phrozen087

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau View Post
I already told you what I just tried. A bunch of random links I picked up from the first 5 pages of Filestube.com

The total size must have been about 40GB or so. I got blocked after 11GB. I'm thinking the major factor here is the speed at which you're downloading - as long as you download slow, you're good. If you have a good connection, expect to get blocked. Their system is automated in terms of blocks, so you can get blocked at anytime. Unfortunately, the automated system is not considerate enough to LIFT those blocks after a certain time period; meaning you'll get blocked quick, but to get unblocked you have to kiss their asses, chase them around, etc etc

Or maybe once you get unblocked, you're put in some kind of whitelist where you don't get blocked again.
I can somewhat confirm this result also. I added up all of the files I downloaded the other night before I got blocked and it was right around 11GB as well. I was downloading on a 20mb/s line (so ~2.5MB/s transfer rate). Not sure which of those had to do with the ban, but I am guessing that there is something watching near that 11GB mark. Guess I will just try and spread out the stuff I need to download over a larger period of time from now on and stay as far away from that mark as I can...