View Single Post
Old 15.09.2021, 08:18
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@EquiNox
I'm done with my "missing images" tests and so far it looks like a flickr bug.
You seem to be into the flickr system more than I'am so I've send you an URL to a public users favorite gallery.
Number of items I get: 1301
Expected number of items: 1306

I have no idea where those 5 missing images are supposed to be and/or how to get them.
I did all of my tests without a flickr account.

In our plugin I fetch up to 500 items per page while the flickr website only gets 25.
With 500 images per page, 3 of those 5 images are missing on page 2.
I did actually add an extra logger for that:
Code:
249|flickr.com_jd.plugins.decrypter.FlickrCom.log 14.09.21, 18:29:42 - INFO [ jd.plugins.decrypter.FlickrCom(api_handleAPI) ] -> There is probably hidden mature content present? Found only 497 of max 500 items on page 2 although we're not yet on the last page
So via website these images will be missing on another page...but even if we knew the page that wouldn't tell us which ones are missing or why.
During my tests I even used the same "extras" parameter their website is using but the result was the same.
That leads me to the final conclusion that this is a flickr bug.

Maybe we can solve that mystery together.

-psp-
Ok, let me now respond to this issue.

I just checked this stream myself with an account and getting the same results. 1301 items. There are 100 items per favorite page. Page 10 has only 97 items, page 12 99 items and page 13 also 99 items, so 5 are missing in total assuming that every page should have 100 items.

I did some tests myself with favoring family + friend content that was not publicly available, checking if there was a gap on a page when you call that favorite page without an account. But no, the (non visible) item was missing on the page, the page was however counting exactly 100 items, like it should be. Also when content that you have favored is deleted or made invisible, it should disappear in your favorite stream but the number of items per page (100) should not change.

Then I had a look at my own favorite stream where I have accumulated items over serveral years and noticed it contained the same bug, I hadn't noticed myself before or paid attention to it. At the time I added them all these favorites were publicly available with an account, no hidden f+f content. On page 5 there were only 98 items. So then I added another ~100 items to my favorites for testing purposes and the 98 items were shifted towards page 6. So in fact it looks like there are still orphaned entries in the Flickr database that have not been removed correctly. It seems to be a Flickr bug to me too.

I'll keep an eye on this issue and look if it happens again and maybe can narrow down better in which situations it does happen.