Thread: [Solved] reCaptcha [International]
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2009, 17:57
DigiMahn

This is not an answer to why reCaptcha is so hard to crack - but should help you better understand.
"recaptcha.net" and then naturally you would look at "recaptcha.net/learnmore.html". Google is doing this and if, with ALL their money and technology, they cannot digitize the unknown words then I doubt anyone else can.

Maybe if there was a way to just get at the known word and only attempt the other?

But, here's something I thought you may find interesting...

I have been downloading from Hot File all night -- a 4.5 GB download -- and have yet to answer a reCaptcha popup from JDownloader. Something is up and I intend to figure this out

JDownloader is downloading my reCaptcha Hot File downloads automatically!

Just to be clear - here is what I am experiencing including a link or two for testing:
  • I have logging turned completely off - I have over 7000 links stored in JDownloader and performance is slow when logging is set to FULL

• I have ton's of Hot File links and do not have a premium account

• Opening the links in my browser confirms that the links require reCaptcha answers to download the file

• JDownloader prompts me for reCaptcha answers

• I have not answered a reCaptcha prompt for over 10 hours and my Hot File downloads are automatically downloading with JDownloader

Just to be clear - the reCaptcha prompts are being displayed for input by JDownloader. The JDownloader prompt window already contains some characters in the dialog box, but are ALWAYS wrong. The default time out of 20 seconds is ocurring and another reCaptcha is presented by JDownloader for my input (SOMETIMES!)

• What appears to be happening is that JDownloader's reCaptcha text is being accepted! (the text that is already in the dialog box when the prompt appears)

I am trying to confirm this now, but have a while to go before another reCaptcha HotFile download is done.

I am going to try pausing JDownloader and seeing what happens if I answer the reCaptcha wrong. Maybe after a number of failed attempts HotFile allows the download anyway?
After this I am going to see what JDownloader is doing without my input - I will turn logging on FULL and restart JDownloader.

Here are some links that were downloaded overnight without my input:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by DigiMahn; 06.11.2009 at 18:10.