View Single Post
Old 21.12.2009, 12:36
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Sorry, the way archives work is that only the package containing part1 counts. So if that package doesn't have the password, there is no way to use it. As I said, part1 represents the archive, while the rest of the parts are just continuations.
This is how archives work. There is nothing that the JD team could do to fix it
Are you supposing this, or are on the JD team?

Quote:
Ideally, once you recovered the links, you would have merged the two packages. Auto passwords are kept when you merge packages.

You could also have copied the password to the package containing part1.
No, neither, because the first package had been deleted (as mentioned).
I can and did easily work around this. But I still think JD should be able to do this by itself.

Quote:
because the second package is not involved in the extraction (the files are used from your disk).
Yes it was.
I right clicked on the package, selected "Extras/Extract". JD then proceeded to extract the archive. I did not use the top "Addons" menu where you select arbitrary files to unrar. It was launched in the context of the package. It tried to unrar the files in that package without further prompting, until it asked for the password. But it should equally have been able to use the password in that same package where it found the files listed.

Last edited by Gweilo; 21.12.2009 at 12:39.