Thread: [Solved] font issue
View Single Post
  #1  
Old 04.02.2017, 11:18
rezad rezad is offline
JD Beta
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 51
Default font issue

I have recently noticed that the Unicode issue happens with file name in jdownloader.
based on past experience I tried to set the font to Dialog but it didnt help.
then I noticed something.
I have two jdownloader installed on two computers.
both are set to Dialog font and both are Up to date.
both system are archlinux but one is PC one is ARM.
now the jdownloader on PC is run inside kde and shows the filenames correctly for this link

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

but the ARM one show boxes for the Korean characters.

it seems that that the ARM system doesn't have full unicode support font needed inside jdownloader.

some unicode characters work(like russian) but some dont.

and the unicode characters represnting other pictures dont work on the ARM machine.
like this link.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

"�� EVERY MAN MUST WATCH THIS! MGTOW" this is the title but the first character is shown as a box in jdownloader in ARM machine.
but shown correctly in pc machine.


UPDATE:

installing ttf-win10 aur package in archlinux seems to be the fix.

Last edited by rezad; 04.02.2017 at 11:40.
Reply With Quote