Thread: [See Bugtracker] Why are settings in bytes and ms?
View Single Post
Old 20.03.2015, 16:44
Mega Loader

Default Why are settings in bytes and ms?

Programers may think in these minute increments but the average user more easily comprehends seconds and MBs. Many times I have tried typing in a number in the advanced settings that is in range and it just keeps going back to the previous setting. I was having to hold down the arrows for an unbelievably long time just to make the tiniest of changes. I finally figured out that I could highlight one digit at a time and replace it with a 9 and then click the up arrow to make a larger change.

Just one instance:
Your default for timeout when a link was offline used to be 10 minutes and I don't think there was any way to change it. The timeout now is so short that if you had 2 or 3 offline links you would get a continuous loop of retries and it would not go on to start any good links. Couldn't that setting just be in minutes? It is really so basic that it should be in the general settings. I finally got it changed to 5 minutes and fixed the problem of getting stuck on cycling the dead links. It's nice that you can set a preference for this but it shouldn't be so complicated to do it.