View Single Post
Old 16.05.2020, 22:45
Modem User

Default Rapidgator - Why capped at 5 chunks?

Why does JDownloader now cap/hardcode/limit/etc. Rapidgator itself at 5 chunks? I have my global setting set to 20 chunks which works fine for all other hosts.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't need comments or philosophical discussions about why I shouldn't set it higher, ISP issues or even Rapidgator issues. I also don't need other comments about max performance or anything else related to that, so again, not meaning to be rude, but please keep those remarks to self.

I just want to know why Rapidgator is now capped at 5 chunks no matter what I configure for the global setting.

By capping it to 5 I can't maximize throughput.

For example, if I use a much older version of "Free Download Manager" I can set it to 20 chunks and get almost 7mb throughput. With JDownloader capping at 5, I max out around 2mb throughput. Up until a few weeks ago I was getting almost 50mb throughput although I will comment that capping was then still limited to 5 chunks I believe. (Yes, there is an issue with Rapidgator that they investigating with respect to the throughput issue, but that is not JDownloader's issue, nor am I asking for questions about that part of things).

Just the 5 chunk limit question.

This is only an issue with Rapidgator. No other hosts have this issue I can set it to whatever I want (performance issues aside) and it works fine.

If I do direct downloads say from Adobe, I get almost 100mb throughput. So I know my circuit and configuration will support much higher chunk counts as well as throughput.

So again, a simple question which should have a simple answer.

Why is JDownloader now hard capping Rapidgator to 5 chunks? I should be able to set it to whatever I want regardless of what performance recommendations may be.