View Single Post
Old 26.05.2010, 18:35
z98

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
For an i7, you probably need the x64 patch. Fortunately, the patches will only install on the correct processor. The 786 (as much of the industry calls it) is a 64 bit processor that is almost compatible with AMD's x64 standard. Just like the the AMD 64 bit processors, they also will run in x86 emulation mode.

However, Windows and the drivers are running in 64 bit mode, so you need the 64 bit patch.
Thank you! Last question I swear, you have been so very helpful - so I have been using jDownloader for about 12 hours here nonstop, have done all of the things that you suggested including ERUNT, QoS stop, running the cmd, all well and good, speeds seem good. My Task Manager shows that physical memory is at 43-45%, has been around that since I checked this morning. Since this morning, javaw.exe has gone from 440,000 K to ~460,000 K Memory. I have 8 Gig ram, 64 bit win 7. I'm basically trying to determine if I need to run that hotfix or not -- I don't know how to tell if I have the memory leak, and what I've read on the web suggests that if you don't need this kind of hotfix, you shouldn't use it. Does this memory use seem in line with nonstop full bw jdownloading for > 12 hrs? Or does this seem high? I have been reading various forum threads trying to determine if I'm a candidate for the hotfix or not, this memory usage seems high to me, but then it seems like others have horror stories about their PCs locking up, and 90% phys memory usage. So I'm hoping as the authority on this, you have some input.

Thanks again!