View Single Post
Old 26.01.2019, 20:53
JD Legend

@raztoki It doesnt bother me as I dont always like things auto extracting although at times it is ok for some of the smaller things.

I have noticed though that within JD in the advanced settings although you give things like file paths to such as MPEG directory or convertors I have found no such items for Rar/unrar file path.

Far as I know also 7zip java based library is a pain to maintain properly it seems as from what I see or am atm aware of J7zip is a JAVA port of 7zr.exe (p7zip.sourceforge.net) and has not truly been updated/ported to the current versions much less the latest or beta versions. So maybe unless you have someone actually porting things properly it might be a reason why some are having issues due to their OS'es or configurations. Even at the sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/search/?q=porting there is no real update to those threads since 2012-12-08

A note from within the readme files of even the latest download of source files "7zip\UI\Client7z folder for example of using DLL files of 7-Zip.
Some DLL files can use other DLL files from 7-Zip.
If you don't like it, you must use standalone version of DLL.
To compile standalone version of DLL you must include all used parts
to project and define some defs."

Also as various OSe's sometimes implement their own base Java Methods those sometimes can get broken from my understanding such as "To the best of my knowledge, Adroid uses own "Java" implemenatation, which is different from OpenJDK (Oracle/Sun Java) in many aspects. The Android implementation apparently had a bug in its CSRNG seeding code, at one point in time. I don't think this effected the OpenJDK (Oracle/Sun Java) at all. The SHA1PRNG still exists unchanged in the latest OpenJDK v11."

Sorry, I know you all work hard with this app but with the different platforms you cover of course there can be some odd things thrown in by the different OS'es and Versions I know. Just wishing to remind maybe not only you all behind the scenes but also the members that get frustrated when things don't work that sometimes its not your fault when something breaks and also maybe to toss out some reminders of things that might be helpful to add in such as advanced settings from time to time