Thread: [Solved] 4chan file names
View Single Post
Old 22.11.2020, 13:20
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
"Fast linkcheck" is already always used.

You can still see the filesizes right away because this information is right away for 4chan content.
Oh right, forgot about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Limiting the request interval to api only will be available with next core update next week. I'm not finished yet
Several years ago the authors of the 4chanX-userscript were asked by 4chan-admins to set the minimum interval of hitting the API to 30 seconds or so, the same as the native inline-extension. But that was before it was cloudflare'd, IIRC.
Considering the JSON already contains the filesizes and JD2 doesn't need to hit the image-server to get that info, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

-----
Another question: Is JD2 somehow limiting the concurrent downloads from cloudflare-protected links or something?
When I start to download a package with ~30 images (~11MiB total) from 4chan with 5 concurrent downloads, it takes about 3 minutes for it to finish, with most of them being stuck at "Starting..." for 10-15 seconds.
Or are you seeing the same behavior and it's being limited server-side? I think it changed to this about a week ago.
EDIT:
Another try yesterday: 140 files, 75 MiB, 3 concurrent downloads, took 8 minutes.

Last edited by Derp; 23.11.2020 at 08:29.