Thread: [Developer Feedback required] download links gone, but it was working fine
View Single Post
Old 25.09.2013, 08:24
-mp-

Thanks for the reply.
I decided to open a new thread about that because the others with the same situation reported also that it happened after some kind of problem (power failure, app crash...) but to me, it happened after a regular closing.

I had many packages (because I use jd as some sort of "source link backup"), so I had also thousands of links. When I've noticed I could read those files inside the .zip I started checking them... yes, one by one, until I realized that the corrupted package was one with 8000+ links inside (it was an image folder). In that package instead of the regular structure there was a twentyish alphanumeric sequence. It wasn't the last one, it was at about 2/3 of the list (it was created some time before the problem).

However I've noticed that when I close it, jd creates the package list backup twice, and if the dimension is higher than about 30MB the second is always created corrupted, with only a few packages inside (let's say 5MB instead of 30).

If I may say, while I appreciate that you're working on a fix, you should keep the possibility of a manual intervention on the backup list, like now.