View Single Post
Old 15.11.2020, 12:31
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmurphy View Post
I downloaded hundreds and hundreds of videos yesterday. Crawling a channel with ~200 videos took only a couple of minutes (and as opposed to JD2 it shows the progress) and downloading with 3 parallel threads finished as quickly as possible with the given bandwidth.

Either your version is outdated, or your experience is outdated, or your internet connection has issues, or your ip has issues, or your installation has issues, or your system has issues. JD2 (which I switched to from 4k VDL for good reasons years ago, after having used it for other stuff than YouTube already since ages before anyway) rn doesn't work at all, so your reply is not helpful.

Edith, regarding your last sentence [unless that was referring to yt-dl only!]: I specifically stated that said issue is either fixed in the named version or has never affected 4k VDL at all for the mentioned reason. Did you even read what you replied to?
I have fiber optic and ryzen 3600 and gen 4 ssd all top of the line. It must be because I'm running the crawling in vmware because the app is pirated. I'm just using it until jdownloader is fixed and not buying it.