JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.09.2009, 04:10
Nexuslitch

Default jDownloader using 50% of CPU and 580MB on Memory

How can i fix that, on the old version(0.7.x) isnt that much

EDIT: I was playing w3 and left the window of jdownload opened then when i stop playing(one half hour after) my computer was verryy slow so i open the task manager and saw java.exe using 580mb so i force finished it(i cant close it normal way, much slow) and opened again and know is runing javaw.exe using 60mb, but i checked it again and its growing the memory and know its on 107mb(holy shit)

how can i fix that omg

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.11.2009 at 03:32.
Old 04.09.2009, 10:30
remi

Cool

What's your OS, OS version, JRE (java) version, and jD version?
Old 05.09.2009, 02:27
Nexuslitch

XP SP2, Jdownloader (0.8.3xx), Java i dont know
Old 05.09.2009, 02:31
JD Manager

can you describe more
what theme
how many links
how many were downloading
what did you do when mem usage started to increase
Old 05.09.2009, 11:13
remi

Cool

For the Java version execute "java -version" in a command window.

It's important you describe exactly what jD was doing at the time the behaviour of jD degraded.

Are you using the same config settings as in the previous version of jD?
Old 06.09.2009, 17:34
Nexuslitch

Java version 1.6.0_15

Well, it's working like a f(x)

f(x)=ax+b

x=time with the window opened(not trayed)
b=program on tray

that's the ram usage, and when i tray again it backs to 20mb~
Old 06.09.2009, 22:34
user

Hello, i have similar problem as the thread author. I left jdownloader running & downloading files (194 packages/314 links ,max con and max dls set to 2) while i was playing a game. Then after i stopped playing i noticed after some time that cpu usage is 50%. The same thing happened yesterday.

Using Win7 rtm 64bit, java version 1.6.0_15, jd version 0.8.324
Old 07.09.2009, 06:31
uglito

I have the same behavior.
But when Javaw reaches the 50% of CPU or more than 500mb of memory then the applications hangs.
It's like a memory leak that at a certain point the app is no longer downloading files.
I have a Windows Vista, Java 1.6 and latest version of Jdownloader
All this started after the latest update from 9/3
So I'm no longer able to download files anymore.
How can I get back to the previous stable version ?
Old 07.09.2009, 13:03
remi

Cool

There was a feature to revert updates, but I think it was removed. I've never seen any confirmation that it worked.

Here is jD version 0.7 as I downloaded it a while ago from the jD site.

JDownloader_0.7.zip ; Size: 18.99 MB : hxxp://sharebee.com/b4c139f5

Note that I don't guarantee it's stable on your configuration

Last edited by remi; 18.09.2009 at 13:21.
Old 07.09.2009, 13:29
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
There was a feature to revert updates, but I think it was removed. I've never seen any confirmation that it worked.
There has never been such a feature.
Old 07.09.2009, 13:30
JD Manager

Please also try a clean/fresh installation of 0.8 because users report that this did help. We are still trying to find out whats causing this mem/cpu usage...but there are too few reports on that to find any notice
Old 09.09.2009, 18:19
are44

I have the same problem. Previously, I used 0.6.193 and it was ok. No problmes etc. Today I downloaded the latest version and a process java.exe using 50-80%. I have the latest java, WIN XP PRO SP2. Please help me (and sorry for my english

I tried to go back to previous versions (0.6.193) and is the same problem (appeared after installing the latest version).

Last edited by are44; 09.09.2009 at 18:23.
Old 10.09.2009, 10:42
remi

Cool

It's not clear to me whether you have the same performance problem in 0.6.193 or not.

Which theme are you using? I use the Windoze style in all my applications (when it's supported) in order to have a consistent look.

jD v.0.8 uses more memory than older versions, but that's probably because it has more features.
Old 16.09.2009, 19:41
melablu

Default Javaw

I have problems with JAVAW too. It starts automatically when I launch Jdownloader. Jvaw IMMEDIATELY starts using 90 to 98% of CPU bloking the computer. If I stop it JDownloader stops.
I have the problem both with version 6 and with the new version 8.
The first times I used version 6 the problem did not exist.
I have Windows VISTA Home edition on my computer.
I have installed the last version of JAVA from theyr web site.
PLEASE HELP
Thanks
Old 16.09.2009, 20:51
blazeblaze

Default memory leak

Guys,

Nonessentials posted about this exact issue in another thread. He also noticed that by not leaving JDownloader with the focus on the Downloads tab (by switching to one of the other tabs such as Linkgrabber or Settings), it keeps the memory leak from growing. I am using this tip as a bandaid until the devs can fix it. Check out his post here:

http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...7&postcount=18
Old 17.09.2009, 07:01
jduser2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeblaze View Post
Guys,

by not leaving JDownloader with the focus on the Downloads tab (by switching to one of the other tabs such as Linkgrabber or Settings), it keeps the memory leak from growing.
Indeed.

WXP Home SP3
Java 6 Standard (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
JD style: Windows Style
Windowdecoration enabled
Old 17.09.2009, 14:57
capegadgets

Greetings,
I had the same problem and had explained it in a previous post. I had tried to erase and reinstall with no changes noted. This was done several times again with no changes. Then I redownloaded the same application, reinstalled, and this proved successful. It seems that the initial download may have not been in full or flawed. I am very happy with it now, except for a few minor bugs that seems will be fixed with the next version.

Thanks again team and keep up the good work!

capegadgets
Old 17.09.2009, 18:10
blazeblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegadgets View Post
Greetings,
I had the same problem and had explained it in a previous post. I had tried to erase and reinstall with no changes noted. This was done several times again with no changes. Then I redownloaded the same application, reinstalled, and this proved successful. It seems that the initial download may have not been in full or flawed. I am very happy with it now, except for a few minor bugs that seems will be fixed with the next version.

Thanks again team and keep up the good work!

capegadgets
capegadgets,

When you reinstalled JDownloader, did you just unpack the files and overwrite them where you originally had it installed? If yes, did you loose any of your settings or packages that were queued up?
Old 18.09.2009, 01:04
rkaye

I have run a memory profile of the current JD release (as well as the beta). and the only time the memory should a bit aggressively is in the initial startup of the program (first 10seconds or so while it loads stuff). after that, it drops low and stays there -- regardless of the speed of your connection or number of files being downloaded. I normally test with one chunk and two chunks, and up to six downloads (using six different hosts), and speeds of 1m/s and up.

The only thing I can think of that might cause this is - that you had a game running that used up all or most of your physical ram and required massive paging (swap file) activity.

you can try minimizing JD to the taskbar. You can also set the priority of JD to 'below normal' in my experience this does not cause problems.

[you could also try increasing your ram to 4+gb.]
Old 18.09.2009, 11:45
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeblaze View Post
capegadgets,

When you reinstalled JDownloader, did you just unpack the files and overwrite them where you originally had it installed? If yes, did you loose any of your settings or packages that were queued up?
It's safer to extract in another directory. This way you keep a backup copy of your previous version, its links, link statae and configuration settings. You can then copy these config files to your new version.